Adventures in Africa

THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS

Name:
Location: Mozambique

I will be in Mozambique with the Peace Corps for the next 27 months. While in Africa, I will periodically post thoughts about my experiences so anyone interested can keep tabs on my happenings.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Staging

I'm here in Philadelphia getting ready for bed, but I just wanted to check in. Mom and Dad drove me down today and as soon as I walked in the door I had to go stand in line for registration. Our group going to Mozambique has 56 people in it, and there is a second group here at the hotel going to Burkina Faso (spelling?) so it was a bit chaotic in the lobby. Mom and Dad stuck around long enough for me to say a quick goodbye and then I went back in to meet everyone. I think the quick good bye was better anyway because I did not have much time to think about being upset.
We had our first initial session shortly after that. We have a really funny guy from India doing our staging so he has made things a bit more entertaining but the material he is covering is a bit bland so I think everyone will be happy when we finally make it to the plane. I have liked everyone I have met so far and I am really excited about everything. Being in this large group of people who are all going through the same things makes all of this easier.
I will check in again when I can... maybe after my 17 hour plane ride to South Africa.
Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful good byes and send offs. I appreciate everyones support so much. I will be in touch soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall,
We are waiting to hear from you.
Where are you now?
Love,
Mom

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall,
We've been thinking about you every day and wonder often where you are and what you may be doing. Hope that long flight went okay -- without having anyone's smelly feet get in your way! We'll be anxiously waiting for your next post!
Love, Anna, Bill, Kevin and Katie

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home